Waves and Vines at the Chateau L'Hospitalet

For my recent trip to France, I had to find a lot of hotels since I was staying in a new one almost every night. One of the hardest ones to find was a hotel somewhere near Perpignan for the day I drove from Normandy, dropped my mother off in Paris, the zoomed as far south as possible before I was exhausted.

After much searching in towns like Perpignan, Rivesaltes, Collioure, Beziers and Narbonne, I finally came across the Chateau L'Hospitalet, which is part winery, part hotel, part gourment restaurant, and part agro-tourism investment. It is owned by former rugby star Gerard Bertrand, who is ever advancing his restaurant, wine and hotel empire. L'Hospitalet is one of his crown jewels, and it made for a great destination after a long day. Next time I'm in the area, I plan to stay for another night or two so I can explore the area a little more when I'm not on such a tight schedule. Hopefully next time it won't be raining either...

Comments