Starwood Takes Over Hawaii


I am happy to be a member of Starwood's loyalty Starpoints program, and in fact, I plan to take advantage of my points accumulation by using them to stay at Le Meridien in Vienna next month, so I think that as rewards programs go, it's a great value. However, I get a little bit sad when I hear about all the properties I won't get to stay at, as I did last Thursday when I want to a lunch at the SLS Beverly Hills Hotel and learned about Starwood's eleven (yes, eleven!!) Hawaii properties. Seriously, they are all over four of the islands: the Big Island, Oahu, Maui and Kauai.

After learning about all the amenities (I'm talking about those Westin "Heavenly Spas"), the history of some of the properties like the Royal Hawaiian, and the plans for the soon-to-open St. Regis in Princeville on Kauai, I cannot wait to get back to the islands. I don't think I've been since I was a kid, probably around the age of 11, so I think I'm due for a trip. Just have to brush up on my Hawaiian history and mythology first--wouldn't want to anger Pele the volcano goddess after all.


I think the most difficult part about a roundup article like this is mentioning each of the properties, but I think I got all of them in and was able to mention a specific feature at each, so I hope you enjoy!

Comments