Farmhouse Inn Saunas

The Farmhouse Inn is a fantastic (and expensive) little place in the beautiful town of Forestville, right in the heart of Sonoma's Russian River Valley. I wrote about their new Barn Rooms last month, but on a trip up to the area last weekend, I had the opportunity to actually stop by and take a tour of some of the rooms, as well as eat in the Michelin-rated restaurant.

I think my favorite amenity at the inn, whose rooms are just lovely and decorated in a sort of rustic chic kind of aesthetic, would have to be the redwood saunas that come in some of the cottage rooms. I mean, how often do you get a hotel room with your own private sauna. What makes it even more interesting is that these cottage rooms were actually built in the early 1900's as housing for the farm workers. What a different life they have now!
To read about more of the features and amenities at the Farmhouse Inn, as well as to see a video walk-through I did of the room, take a look at my HotelChatter piece here.

Comments