Review: Bistro LQ

Every so often, a really fancy restaurant opens its doors to this lowly restaurant reviewer, and I get to experience a truly special meal. Dinners like this require research, preparation, and...a good appetite.

My dinner last week at Bistro LQ was one such meal. Not only did I have to look up a few of the ingredients in some of the menu items, but I also had to work up an appetite for exotic foods like heart, tongue and head cheese that you just don't find too often on menus around Los Angeles.

Because of the complexity of the menu and the distinctiveness of Chef Laurent Quenioux's cuisine, I took the liberty of expanding upon my usual 300-words-or-less format, and gave the restaurant an extended review. I hope it gives you the real feel and flavor of a meal at the restaurant.

Comments