Review: Recess


I came across this new little breakfast and lunch spot in Glendale because it happens to be a few blocks from where my brother and sister-in-law live. While babysitting my nephew Charlie on one of our weekly Wednesday outings, we stopped in to pick up lunch, despite Charlie's repeated remonstrations to "eat here, Eric!"

I ordered a bunch of different things to try, and while we waited, the friendly staff plied Charlie with baked treats like praline bars and berry scones. The chef himself even came out from behind the counter to say hello. It pays to have a really cute toddler with you when you're going out on incognito reviews!

For more on what we ate, what else is on the menu, and why you should go, take a look at my LA.com review here: http://www.la.com/ci_13247869?source=rss

Comments