FACES: Taste Envy

Ever since I heard about Taste Envy, a firm that designs menus and other materials in the hospitality industry, I've been much more aware of the menus at restaurants where I've eaten, and what role they play in the dining experience. I wrote about the firm last month on HotelChatter, and since then I've been trying to figure out a way to incorporate their ideas into more of my writing.
This month, I got the chance to interview the firm's two founders, Jason and Nadine Stellavato Brown, for my FACES series on LA.com. It was even more fun than usual because the two have such a distinct perspective on restaurants, and they are also huge foodies (that's how they thought to get into menu design in the first place), so it was really interesting thinking up the questions for them and hearing what they had to say.

I hope you enjoy the article, and see if it gets you thinking about menus too: http://www.la.com/dining/ci_13463087

Comments