Seasonal Menu Changes Around LA

This was one of the more interesting articles I've worked on lately, about the upcoming changes to menus around town now that fall has finally arrived and the seasonal produce at local farmer's markets will start to reflect the changing seasons. The article ran in the recent Dining Issue of Frontiers IN/LA, which is out on newsstands now.

I tried to choose a good geographical and cuisine cross-section of restaurants, and the quick final list was BLVD 16 at the Palomar Hotel in Westwood, Rustic Canyon in Santa Monica, Barbrix in Silverlake, and Palate Food & Wine in Glendale. So that got a whole huge swath of the city in, and covers cuisine from fancy shmancy to down and dirty rustic, and from big hearty plates to tiny tapas.

While I love summer produce and think it's the best of what mother nature has to offer, at this point, I am getting a little sick of heirloom tomato salads, so I can't wait for some of the wonderful dishes these chefs talked about. In fact, I might just have to go make some dinner reservations right now.

To read about what you can expect on menus around town this autumn, read my piece here: http://www.frontierspublishing.com/2812/entertainment/indulge.html

Comments