Equivocation at the Geffen Playhouse

Though I am not working on too many theatrical reviews these days, I do still see the occasional show for Edge Network. When I heard about "Equivocation," Bill Cain's new play at the Geffen Playhouse, I asked for assignment based on a vague inkling that it had something to do with Shakespeare. Well, it did have a little to do with the playwright, but it had a lot more to do with making parallels between the Gunpowder Plot of 1605 (in which Guy Fawkes infamously tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament with King James I inside) to September 11th and its aftermath.

Ambitious, heavy-handed, mostly entertaining...I'd say the play was mixed bag overall, but take a look at my review and see for yourself: http://www.edgelosangeles.com/index.php?ch=entertainment&sc=theatre&sc2=reviews&sc3=performance&id=98225

Comments