New Year's in Punta Del Este

Yesterday's post on HotelChatter had me dealing with a reader question about booking a room over New Year's in Punta del Este, Uruguay's version of the Riviera. Basically, she waited until now to try to find a room for the holidays, and no surprise, there was nothing left. Punta del Este is one of the hottest destinations in South America, especially among Argentines looking to get away during the holidays. That is why there are no rooms for this year, and why you should probably book at least six months in advance at this time of year.

Still, I wanted to help, so I asked a few friends who had been there recently, and looked up every random hotel I could get my search engine on. No luck. But I did come up with a few useful ideas. To read more, take a look at my story: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2009/11/19/04839/550/hotels/Who_Knew_Punta_Del_Este_Hotels_Are_All_Full_Up_for_New_Year_s_Eve_

Comments