JW Marriott at LA Live Ribbon Cutting

Today I got to put on my news-writer hat and head downtown for the official ribbon-cutting ceremony of the JW Marriott at LA Live. You might recall my sneak peek at the hotel in December, or my coverage of the lighting up ceremony there last month (complete with photos of the Governator). So what, you might ask, was the reason behind yet another grand unveiling?

Well, the hotel officially opened for business and started putting up guests yesterday, February 15, so it was time to open the hotel for real--it must be hard going from empty to completely full in one day, but the hotel was totally booked up with a Pollstar convention already.

The funny thing is, even AEG President and CEO Tim Leiweke (the man credited as the force behind the whole LA Live development) joked that this was the eighth out of nine such events, and that he was looking forward to being done with them. To be honest, so am I. The property is looking fantastic, and I do get to see something new each time (look forward to photos and video of the lobby, restaurant and rooms tomorrow), but this is getting to be overkill.

Ah well, just one more event to go: the opening of the Ritz-Carlton in the building next month. For now, take a look at the quick video I made of the actual ribbon-cutting, and then tomorrow I will share my story with details on the hotel's public spaces, amenities and rooms.

Link: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2010/2/16/12410/6250/hotels/The_JW_Marriott_at_LA_Live_is_Officially_Open_

Comments