Jaunted: Where to Eat in Lima

My third Jaunted article this week on my trip to Peru is all about restaurants, restaurants, restaurants. Peruvian cuisine is one of THE biggest food trends these days in the U.S., and it's no wonder, since it was all about fusion before fusion became the hallmark of chic American restaurants. Peru's location and history, as well as its diverse ecology all mean that it takes advantage of the seafood bounty of the Pacific, savory Asian influences, exotic jungle produce, and all kinds of agricultural odds and ends from the Andes (over 3,000 types of potatoes!).

After actually visiting Peru and sampling a wide range of dishes in some fabulous restaurants, I got a great snapshot of both the country's culinary history, as well as the major trends that are taking hold today. So for my final piece on Jaunted this week, I wrote up three of the restaurants we tried in Lima and mention a few of the most special dishes to give you an idea of just what awaits you on your next trip down there. I hope you enjoy as much as I did--buen provecho!

Link: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2010/7/15/194251/433/travel/Where+to+Eat+in+Lima+Now%3A+Our+Top+Three+Recommendations

Comments