TravelAge West: Barossa


My third and final TravelAge West article on Australia came out yesterday on the magazine's all-new web site. It covers all the things I saw and did, plus a few others I just had the chance to learn about, in Australia's most famous wine region: the Barossa.

I won't get into how the Barossa is famous for Shiraz, has some of the oldest productive grape vines in the world, plenty of great hotel options (including the Louise where I stayed), and fabulous dining all here because I want you to take a look at my article at the link below!

I only had two days out in this amazing region myself--but next time I head back to Adelaide, I plan on making the hour-long drive out there and staying for longer because there is plenty more to see, taste, and yes, drink. I think my favorite experience was probably blending my own Grenache-Syrah-Mourvedre in the Penfold's lab, but if you read my piece, you'll find there's plenty more to do than that, and more wineries than you could visit in several weeks' time there.

See for yourself some of the other amazing things I got to do, the wineries I visited, and the restaurants where I ate, and let me know if you have suggestions of your own!

Link: http://www.travelagewest.com/travel/South-Pacific/Info/A-Visit-to-the-Barossa-Valley/

Comments