Frontiers: Santa Barbara & Big Bear Getaways

This week, I got back to basics with travel writing, and covered two fantastic destinations for Frontiers, quite different from one another, right in my own backyard: Santa Barbara, and Big Bear.

Admittedly, I am more familiar with Santa Barbara, so that's why it takes precedence in the article and I give it more space. If you're looking for a great weekend getaway up there, this is the guide for you since I include a bunch of hotels (Canary, Oceana, San Ysidro Ranch), restaurants (La Super-Rica Taqueria, Brophy Bros.), and sightseeing options (the Mission, Karpeles Manuscript Museum, Car Free Santa Barbara), as well as a little tip on where to find the best wine (Urban Wine Trail, and Wine Cask) in the city.

As winter approaches and cools things off, Big Bear is going to heat up as people start planning their ski vacations. I haven't written much about it here, but I do manage to get in a lot of good information including on accommodations, restaurants and activities, so it should give you some great ideas for where to go and what to do. Enjoy!

Link: http://www.frontiersweb.com/Columns/Travel/Story.aspx?ID=1309704

Comments