Jaunted: Urban Wine Tasting in Paris

I love Paris and I love wine. So imagine my elation when I got to write about my favorite places to go urban wine-tasting in the City of Lights for Jaunted this week!

Contrary to what you may imagine because France is the most famous wine-producing country in the world, it's actually kind of hard to find a wine bar where you can taste through a bunch of wines like our American-style tasting bars. However, I've managed to find a few that are, quite simply, awesome.

Two of them I've written about briefly before on right here on my blog: Lavinia with its shiny enomatic machines, and the historic Lucien Legrand Filles et Fils. The third is a new wine bar called O Chateau, which literally just opened last week, and looks amazing. I took a hard-hat tour with the owner while I was in Paris a couple weeks ago. He and his partners have been conducting wine classes, tastings and tours for years, and now they finally have their own tasting bar right in the heart of the 1st arrondisement. I can't wait to go back!

In the meantime, check out my piece below, and tell me it doesn't make you thirsty for some sips on your next trip to Paris.

Link: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2011/2/3/161413/0497/travel/How+and+Where+to+Go+Urban+Wine+Tasting+in+Paris

Comments