JustLuxe: Bordeaux's Le Pressoir D'Argent

Though I spent much of my time in France last month strolling the streets of Paris, we actually took the train down to Bordeaux for two days and stayed at the fabulous Regent Grand Hotel.

You might know that I've been down to the Bordeaux region before for wine-tasting in St. Emilion, Graves and Medoc, but this was the first time I actually visited the city itself, and I have to say that it was beautiful...now that all the Industrial Age soot has been cleaned off and the city center has been revitalized in some extraordinary ways.

The Regent Grand was the perfect place to stay, right in the middle of everything on the Place du Grand Theatre, and one night, we ate at its Michelin-starred restaurant, Le Pressoir d'Argent. The name means "the silver press," and comes from the fact that the restaurant owns and uses nightly one of five Christofle silver lobster presses in the world for its signature dish.

I can't even tell you how rich and delicious that dish is. Instead, you'll have to read about my dinner at Le Pressoir d'Argent, the provenance of what just might be the fanciest kitchen appliance ever, and why Tom Cruise loves the hotel's Royal Suite in my JustLuxe article at the link below!

Link: http://www.justluxe.com/travel/hotel/feature-1305089.php

Comments