HotelChatter Islands Series: Wilson Island, Australia


Alas, as the week ended, so too did my series on Private Islands for HotelChatter. For the grand finale, I decided to hit one of my favorite (and most-repeated destinations of late), Australia!

Whereas last time I wrote about Oz, it was about glamping at Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef in rustic Western Australia, this time, my focus is clear across the country in tropical Queensland, where we find the tiny (only 5 acres and only 6 tents!) offshore Wilson Island, right on the Great Barrier Reef--where there's nothing to do except swim, sunbathe and relax.

I was even more excited to write about it because, while I won't actually be going to Wilson Island itself, it looks as if I will be headed to QLD for a few days while I'm down in Australia next month, so I have a lot to look forward to!

In the meantime, feast your eyes on this lovely little Pacific fly-speck and tell me you don't want to book a ride on the Wilson Island ferry today.

Link: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2011/3/3/14958/74311/hotels/My_Own_Private_Island_Australia_s_Wilson_Island

Comments