Frontiers: Playa Restaurant Review

For my latest Frontiers restaurant review, I chose to go to a new old favorite. How can that be, you ask? Well, the restaurant is actually new, but it's by a chef I already like a lot, who has a restaurant downtown called Rivera.

John Sedlar's new restaurant took over the old Grace space on Beverly Boulevard, and is called Playa. It's meant to reflect Southern California's upscale beach-based lifestyle, though the food is much more Pacific Rim and spice trade-y than that would suggest. Lots of Latin staples on the menu, but spiced up with Indian and Asian flavors.

Take a look at the dishes I ate, plus a roundup of my recent favorite pork belly dishes from around LA in my review at the link below!

Link: http://www.frontiersweb.com/Nightlife/Restaurants/Story.aspx?ID=1397919

Comments