HotelChatter: Mandarin Oriental San Francisco


By now you probably know that one of my favorite destinations--and certainly one of my favorite cities in the country--is San Francisco. I try to get up there as often as possible, usually several times a year. It's just got everything I love: fabulous restaurants, great museums, stunning scenery, and a lot of good friends.

I've written about it as a general destination quite often in the past, for all my outlets, basically, but this time around I wanted to focus on a hotel where I've gotten the chance to stay twice in the past few months: the Mandarin Oriental.

I have to say, this is one of my favorite hotels in the city. Sure, in the evening it can be kind of dead around the Financial District, but the hotel is a short walk to a bunch of major attractions as well as the transportation to get to others, is close to my new favorite micro-neighborhood, Jackson Square, and has some of the best views of the city from its guest rooms on the high floors of a skyscraper. There's nothing like waking up to views of the Transamerica Building and the entire Bay spread out below you from the Bay Bridge to the Golden Gate.

The hotel also has a lot of little, old-school touches like monogrammed sheets and personalized stationery (and Molton Brown products!) that I personally love, and that's what I talk about in this quick HotelChatter post. I can't wait to see how the upcoming renovation goes--I might just have to get back up there to experience it for myself!

Link: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2011/10/26/211913/35/hotels/It_s_the_Little_Things_at_Mandarin_Oriental_San_Francisco

Comments