The Points Guy, Destination of the Week: Istanbul


For the first time, I'm actually writing The Points Guy Destination of the Week from the destination itself: Istanbul, Turkey!

That's right, I've been spending my week wandering the city's ancient lanes, cruising the Bosphorus, and stuffing my face with all kinds of delicious mezze...with a break for an invigorating hamam experience where all my joints were cracked and a layer of my skin must have been scrubbed off. Still, it gave me a glow that new friends noticed over dinner along the waterfront, so it must have been good for me.

I personally stayed at two of the hotels mentioned, the Ritz-Carlton and the Edition (which everyone has been talking about since it opened last summer), but there are plenty of other options for hotels, and tons of airlines offering direct flights from the US, so start looking for your award tickets and hotel rooms, because this is one city not to miss.

Link: http://thepointsguy.com/2012/05/destination-of-the-week-istanbul/

Comments