The Points Guy, Wine Wednesday: Yarra Valley

If you've followed me for a while now, you know that I specialize in travel to Australia and have spent about three months there total in the last three years exploring cities, wildlife and wine regions all over the continent. In fact, the only Australian state I haven't visited is Tasmania.

My second trip to the land down under began in Melbourne and included a day spent out in the nearby countryside tasting wines from some of Australia's most well-respected wineries in a region that most Americans still don't seem to be too familiar with: the Yarra Valley.


Here you'll find all manner of cool-climate wines including award-winning Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays - so take that, Shiraz! (Though you'll find plenty of that, too).

Find out more about where to go and what to drink in my Wine Wednesday post on the Yarra Valley.

Comments