NY Post: Luxury Safaris

If you've been following me for a while now you know that one of my travel writing specialties is that luxury market niche of "glamping," or glamorous camping.


I've covered glamping experiences far and wide, from Africa and Australia to Chile, Finland and Montana in series for HotelChatter, JustLuxe and other outlets.

After my recent trip to South Africa where I stayed at Savanna Lodge in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, a colleague of mine at the New York Post asked me to write a roundup of some of the most interesting glamping experiences in Africa that won't necessarily break the bank - though the term moderately priced is relative when it comes to safari, since even the baseline is expensive!

With a bit of research and an eye for anything new and interesting, I made up a list of five great camps that let visitors do everything from hanging with highland gorillas to tracking elephants in the Namibian desert, with a lot of lion-watching and giraffe-spotting thrown in.

I'll let you read the details in my NY Post piece on luxury safaris, titled "Animal House."

Comments