The Points Guy: Wine Wednesday The Danube Valley Austria

For my next Wine Wednesday post on The Points Guy, I decided to cover an oft-overlooked little region in the heart of Europe: Austria's Danube Valley.

You might have seen (or tried) wines from here including crisp Gruner Veltliners and seductive yet tart Rieslings, but maybe you didn't know that it's just an hour's drive from Vienna and is a land rich with history - not to mention tons of medieval fortresses, ornate abbeys and some of the best food in Central Europe.



In this quick post I cover some of my favorite wineries over there, plus suggestions on where to stay, what to eat, and a special hike to where Richard the Lionheart was once imprisoned on his way back from the Crusades.

Sound interesting? It is! Read my post to find out more.

Comments