The Points Guy: What to do in Bagan

One of the destinations I was most looking forward to visiting on my recent round-the-world trip was the ancient city of Bagan in Myanmar.


This historic sight is home to over 4,000 Buddhist stupas stretching across a dry plain along the banks of the Ayeyarwaddy. It's surely one of the wonders of the world, and I was looking forward to exploring it in depth over the course of a few days.

I had the chance to wander the ruined temples there, see two glorious sunsets - one from the temples and one from the river - and then head farther afield to explore the mountain villages of Mt. Popa. It was really a highlight of my trip to a fascinating country.


Check out my full article on The Points Guy here: What to do in Bagan, Myanmar - Temples, River Cruises and Hikes

Comments